Running your own business is not easy. Running your own business that revolves around sales can be downright difficult. That is why we have compiled a list of 11 sales tips to help you outsmart and outsell the competition. These tips include:
1. Set Yourself Apart: There has to be some to differentiate your product from the competition. It either has to be better quality, easier to use, more convenient, or less expensive.
2. Treat Weaknesses as Strengths: If you have higher prices (weakness), be sure to offer flexible terms (strength).
3. Confidence: If you don’t believe in your product or your brand, why would your client?
4. Giving up on a Sale: Giving up on a sale is not a bad thing. Sometimes it is a smart maneuver. You can’t waste your valuable time on a lost cause.
5. Be Professional: Especially if you are a small business, the way you dress, act, and talk says a lot about you and your company. So be professional.
6. Small Companies can Make Big Moves: If you are a small business, use that to your advantage. You can make more concessions than big corporations. So work with your client and formulate a plan that is mutually beneficial.
7. Nothing is Free: If a customer asks for a proposal, insist that you’ll only write one if awarded a meeting with the CEO.
8. Time is Money: You cannot afford to deal with wishy-washy clients. Get in, get the sale, or get out.
9. Show Your Value: Prove to your client that you can add value to their company.
10. Never Stop Learning: A good salesperson will never stop learning new sales skills or new sales techniques.
11. Sales Outsourcing with Springboard: Located in Baltimore, Maryland, Springboard offers outsourced sales solutions for businesses in the professional services arena. It’s simple, while you focus on delivery, we bring our sales expertise and connections to focus on your business development challenges.
If you have any questions, contact Springboard Business Development by calling 410-832-7560 or click here today!
Our approach to business development makes it easy to find new clients without the concerns of sales team turn-over, lack of sales expertise and payroll.